All genders are welcome
*Important* if you are on any antidepressants, are breast feeding, have any heart issues or a history of epilepsy please let us know.
See event details and RSVP HERE
We will use Rose Cacao to melt open the heart, expand the mind, and heighten sensory explorations as we venture on a healing sound journey.
Cacao, known as the "food of the Gods," is a heart-opening superfood with 40x the antioxidants of blueberries. It is the highest plant-based source of iron, has more calcium than cow's milk, and is full of magnesium for a healthy heart and brain. Cacao is a natural mood elevator and antidepressant, containing multiple neurotransmitters that are associated with well-being and happiness. In ceremonial doses Cacao can increase blood flow by 40%, meaning we have an increased capacity to feel and connect with ourselves and the divine.
By using voice, the harmonium, chimes, a crystal alchemy singing bowl, tuning forks, and other instruments we create a vortex of sound that bypasses your logical mind and directly accesses your cells to facilitate gentle yet powerfully effective healing to occur. These specific sound healing techniques have been proven to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, balance the right + left hemispheres of the brain, and invoke a more relaxed state. These techniques combined with heart-opening Cacao medicine offer a unique opportunity to reconnect with our true soul essence of loving equanimity regardless of what the external world brings our way.
- Water Bottle
- yoga mat, blanket, small pillow, and anything to make yourself comfortable lying down on a wood floor
- warm & comfortable clothing
- eye mask or scarf to cover your eyes (recommended)
- items for the group altar (optional)
- journal + pen (optional)
- Set your intention: With both cacao and sound, coming with a clear intention can deepen the experience. If you wish, spend some time before the ceremony preparing your intentions.
- Avoid Caffeine & Alcohol: In order to experience the subtle yet powerful effects of cacao, we recommend avoiding alcohol and caffeine the day prior and the day of the ceremony.
-Have a light meal in the morning: It's best to eat a light meal for breakfast/lunch so the cacao can assimilate more easily. We recommend that you do not eat within 4 hours before the ceremony begins.
- After Ceremony: The medicine will continue to work with you after the ceremony ends. We recommend having an unscheduled evening post-ceremony so you can continue to process and integrate. We will have some light food after the ceremony to ground your experience.